A team of alumni recently revamped the FUTI Facebook Page to make it more user friendly. We now have a new logo, more links and more frequent postings. Please visit the site and please “Like” us on Facebook.
On this Facebook page you will find U.S alumni and supporters of the University of Tokyo (UTokyo) in the news, FUTI activities, alumni association events, and other UTokyo information for those living in the U.S. We aim to connect the cyber community of UTokyo alumni and supporters, and welcome your contributions and comments. We are particularly keen on posting activities of UTokyo alumni groups around the United States, i.e. New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Chicago, Houston, Georgia, and Michigan.
Mr. Motoatsu Sakurai, Chair of the FUTI Advisory Committee and President of Japan Society, comments, “Social media like Facebook are important tools to link alumni and friends, both young and old. I sincerely hope the site will help build a meaningful cyber community among us. I encourage everyone to visit the site and start posting his/her ideas, photos, etc.”
The administrators of the FUTI Facebook Page are: Geeta Mehta, Sumiko Ito, Masako Osako, and Hisae Kawamori, all UTokyo alumnae. We are looking for additional administrators in the West Coast, the Midwest and the South to report regional news.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Cambridge University Press publishes Kobayashi’s latest book
- 2011 Annual Report now available on the Website
- Welcome to FUTI’s New Facebook Page!
- Profile: Ms. Amy Vaida
- Kobayashi gives a keynote on Research of the Future Internet
- Prof. Koichi Hamada gives a Keynote on Homecoming Day
- Fundraising Campaign Continues
- Call for Proposals for the 2012 FUTI Grant Program
- Call for applications for the 2012 FUTI Summer Award
- Shintech Trust Fund extended for five more years
- Ms. Sumiko Ito becomes Treasurer and Director of FUTI
- Prof. Akihiko Tanaka to head JICA
- A Message from Dr. Hiroshi Komiyama, an Honorary Director of FUTI