At the Board meeting held on April 16, 2018, the FUTI Board elected Dr. Teruo Fujii, Executive Director and Vice President of the University of Tokyo, as a new Director. He is also the head of the Division of External Relations at the university. He succeeded Dr. Norio Matsuki, former Executive Vice President of UTokyo, who had been a FUTI Director since April 2017.
Prof. Teruo Fujii received his Ph.D. degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering from the University of Tokyo (UTokyo) in 1993. After working at the RIKEN Institute, he was appointed as Associate Professor in 1999 at the Institute of Industrial Science (IIS), University of Tokyo, and promoted to Full Professor in 2007. Currently he is Executive Director and Vice President of UTokyo in charge of External Relations. He also serves as President of the Chemical and Biological Microsystems Society (CBMS), which is the governing body of the MicroTAS conference, the most important scientific meeting in the field of Microfluidics.
Note: The bio has been provided by Prof. Fujii’s office.
Articles in this newsletter:
- The FUTI Board Appoints Dr. Teruo Fujii as a New Member
- FUTI Appoints Dr. Ito, Columbia University Professor, Mr. Takegami, Managing Partner at TIGER PACIFIC CAPITAL LP, and Dr. Hasegawa, President of the Stanford-Silicon Valley Akamon-kai, as new Member of the Advisory Committee
- Recent Developments and Future of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-A Path Recommended for Science and Technology Research in Japan
- Awards Announced for the 2018 FUTI Global Leadership and Ito Foundation U.S.A. Scholarship Programs
- “Report from the Scene" by Ito Foundation U.S.A.-FUTI Scholarship Recipients
- Prestigious American Institute of Certified Planners Outstanding Student Award Given to Ms. Furusawa, Ito USA-FUTI Award Recipient
- “Go Global” University of Tokyo Study Abroad Fair 2018