Recipients of the Ito Foundation U.S.A.-FUTI Scholarship are (1) required to submit official reports, and (2) encouraged to post on FUTI’s Facebook page by sending text and pictures to fb [at] friendsofutokyo.org as materials for posts.
Be prepared during your study abroad
Please make sure to take photos in and out of the classroom/lab. Classroom settings, presentations, scenic photos, photos of social outings are all welcome.
Stay in touch with FUTI during your study abroad by visiting our Facebook page and posting about your experience.
Guidelines for the official reports
- Number of reports/due dates
- In general, you are required to write interim reports once in approximately three months, and the final report at the end of your study or at the end of the school year, whichever comes first. The final report should cover the entire study period including what might have already been covered by interim reports.
- FUTI will give a courtesy reminder about the interim reports with the check mailing notifications which are generally once every three months, but please make an effort of reminding yourself to write the reports.
- These reports are in addition to your postings on the FUTI Facebook page. However, material from your Facebook posts may be used in the report.
- Should you decide to add acknowledgements in your reports and would like to express thanks for the scholarship, please take this opportunity to show gratitude to the Ito Foundation U.S.A. (the fund provider) and Friends of UTokyo, Inc. (the fund operator). Since the report will be read by both parties, acknowledgement of both organizations would be appreciated.
- Length/file format
- Each report should be about one or more pages single-spaced as a docx/doc file
- Report format
- There is no set format and the reports can be written in English or Japanese. It can be written as a diary, a narrative, report, however you like. To read examples please visit the recipient reports page.
- Several photos embedded in the doc file, as an email attachment, or shared via cloud (resolution of more than 1000px would be appreciated)
- Include at least one picture of your study/research scene
- Where to submit
- Please submit your report here. A password is provided to all recipients.
*Please be advised that reports, especially the final one, and photos will be published on the FUTI website and may be used on FUTI publications. If you have any specific privacy requests, please let us know in advance.