The third fundraising campaign launched in November 2011 will soon come to an end. The fiscal year of FUTI runs from July 1st through June 30th. Thanks to the continued and generous support of Shintech Inc. in the U.S. and many new donors in Japan and America, as well as our repeating supporters since the 2009-2010 campaign, we are doing better in the current fiscal year than in the previous one.
As you will find in an article in this issue, we are awarding more summer scholarships (18 awards for this summer as compared with 13 last summer) because we have received so many applications from worthy candidates, and because we hope that an anticipated increase in revenue will allow us to do so. We are also receiving more applications for research grants.
So please be generous and send your gifts by the end of June so that FUTI can continue our worthy programs in the remainder of this year. Please fill out a donation form and mail it with a check to
Friends of UTokyo, Inc. 331 West 57th Street, #164, New York, NY 10019-3101
or donate online by clicking here. More than one third of the donations from individuals has been received online using our web-based PayPal system, which is a fast, simple and safe way to send your gifts to FUTI by charging it to your credit card.
We ask you once again for your continued support of FUTI, which is committed to nurture future leaders of Japan and the U.S.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Profiles of FUTI VOLUNTEERS
- NY Icho-kai’s 11th Annual Reception held
- The UTokyo-Yale Initiative Hosted Junior Scholar Conference
- UTokyo-Yale Initiative (TYI) Discusses “Japan and China for Four Decades: Cooperation and Competition since 1972”
- IPMU Becomes a Kavli Institute
- Kagakusha Network Hosts a Seminar on "A Guidepost for Aspiring Global Leaders in Science" on July 22 in Tokyo
- FUTI participates in the “Go Global 2012” Fair at the Komaba Campus
- Reminder: Annual Fundraising Campaign Will End Soon
- Reception in Honor of Prof. Akihiko Tanaka Held
- Eight U.S. Students and Nine UTokyo Students Receive FUTI Leadership Awards
- FUTI’s Board and Advisory Committee Joint Meeting Held
- Mr. Sakurai resigns from the Advisory Committee
- Mr. Shuta Kobayashi becomes Secretary of FUTI
- The FUTI Board appoints Dr. Masako Egawa as a new member