On October 9th, 2014, FOTI Director and Treasurer, Dr. Yuichiro Kuwama, who is Medical Director at the Japanese Medical Practice Division of Mount Sinai Beth Israel and Associate Professor of Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, was interviewed in a morning show “FCI Morning Eye” of Fujisankei Communications International, Inc. (FCI Fujisankei Channel) by the Announcer Ms. Kaoriko Kuge. The program title was “Prepare for Spreading Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever.” In order to view the video, click on http://www.fujisankei.com/weeklycatch/.
Dr. Kuwama was also interviewed on June 26th in the same TV program concerning “The summer is here! How to protect yourself from sunburn, heatstroke and food poisoning,” and on February 5th on “How to prepare for cold and influenza.” These videos can be seen at https://www.todaitomonokai.org/?p=3550 and https://www.todaitomonokai.org/?p=2002, respectively.
Dr. Kuwama is scheduled to appear later this month in a “ Special program on breast cancer.” The program of FCU Fujisankei Channel can be viewed at
(Read this article in Japanese)
Articles in this newsletter:
- The Fifth Annual Campaign Not as Successful as in the Past
- The Annual Board Meeting and Board-AC Joint Meeting Held
- FUTI Website Completely Redesigned
- Excerpts of Reports by FUTI’s Scholarship Recipients in 2014
- FUTI Research Grants to Columbia-UTokyo Team and Berkeley’s BCTP-UTokyo’s Kavli IPMU Renewed
- Receptions for GSP and UTRIP Students
- The Eighth "Appreciation Party of UTokyo Foundation" Hosted by President Hamada
- Appreciation Party and my Revisit to the Hongo Campus: Ko-Yung Tung
- Mr. Kim of Stuyvesant H.S. Receives FUTI’s Travel Grant to Attend PEAK
- Mr. Kazutaka Yamaji Speaks in New York
- "Prepare for Spreading Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever," Explains Dr. Kuwama on TV
The articles in this issue were contributed by Yasuyuki Izumi, Hisashi Kobayashi, Yuichiro Kuwama, Shigenori Matsushita, Masako Osako, Ko-Yung Tung, and Masaaki Yamada. Editorial assistance is by Prof. Brian L. Mark (Professor, George Mason University).