The FOTI Board voted on May 11th to appoint Dr. Hiroshi Komiyama, Chairman of the Institute of Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. and the past President of the University of Tokyo, to join the FOTI Board as Honorary Director. They also appointed Mr. Junji Masuda to continue to serve the Board as President Emeritus.
Dr. Komiyama served as the 28th President of UTokyo from April 2005 through March 2009, and conceived an idea of creating a not-for-profit organization in the U.S. to promote his globalization effort for UTokyo. Mr. Masuda, the then President of New York Icho-kai, was asked to implement President Komiyama’s idea and served as the founding president of FOTI from September 2007 till March 2011.
“We are just delighted that Dr. Komiyama and Mr. Masuda have graciously accepted our request to serve on the FOTI Board. They are, so to speak, the father and mother of FOTI, and their wisdom and stature will immensely help boost FOTI’s visibility and recognition here in the States and in Japan, ” said President Kobayashi.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Leadership Changes in FOTI
- Call for Nominations for new Secretary and Treasurer
- Dr. Hiroshi Komiyama, President Emeritus of UTokyo joins the FOTI Board
- Message from the President
- Seven U.S. Students and Six UTokyo Students receive FOTI Awards
- Over 2000 UTokyo Students attended the "Study Abroad Fair 2011" at the Komaba Campus
- UTokyo Ryuugakusei Alumni Lunch Discussion: Moving Forward after the Tohoku Earthquake