On June 15, 2013, the Board elected Dr. Fumiko Tamura as a new member of the Advisory Committee (AC) with a specific role to advise Dr. Yuichiro Kuwama, Treasurer, on financial and tax-related matters.
Dr. Tamura received her BA in economics from UTokyo in 1999. She then came to the U.S. as a recipient of the “Japan-IMF Fellowship for Advanced Studies,” and received her M.A. and Ph. D. in economics, both from Brown University, in 2001 and 2006, respectively. Based in New York, she is currently a Senior Manager in the Global Transfer Pricing group at Deloitte Tax LLP. Dr. Tamura has passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination in Maine, and is in the process of obtaining her CPA license in New York.
FUTI President Hisashi Kobayashi said, “Dr. Kuwama and I believe that Dr. Tamura’s knowledge and experiences will be valuable to us in preparing the financial statements and tax returns of FUTI. I also want her to address the issue of the public support test that will be our concern in a year or so.”
She participated in the joint Board and AC meeting held on September 21 as a new AC member.
A more detailed biography (in English) of Dr. Tamura can be found on the FUTI website by clicking here.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Alumni in Japan and Illinois Make the Fourth Annual Campaign Successful
- The Annual Board and Advisory Committee Meeting Held
- Eight More Receive FUTI’s Summer Scholarships for Participating in GSP and Other Summer Programs
- UTokyo Students Challenge Summer Sessions at Yale
- Reception Held to Welcome UTokyo Students on a “Taiken” Program
- 2013 UTRIP Reception Held
- GSP Reception Held at UTokyo
- 450 Students Attend Overseas Study Orientation Program at Komaba
- FUTI’s Support of Kavli-IPMU’s Program Continues
- FUTI’s Grant to the Columbia-UTokyo Joint Lecture Program Renewed
- Dr. Fumiko Tamura Appointed "Advisor to Treasurer"
- Dr. Shigenori Matsushita joins the Award Committee
- Mr. Seiei Ono, FUTI Advisory Committee Member, Returns to Japan
- Mr. Sung Kie Paik, a New York Ichokai Member, Dies
- Blog Article: ”Science of Vowels” by Shigenori Matsushita
- Book Review, “Mathematicians Who Lost Their Faces: Essays in Idleness on Mathematics,” by Shoshichi Kobayashi