FUTI seeks nominations of candidates to serve as Secretary or Treasurer for the Board of Directors. At present, Mr. Yasuhide Watanabe, NO&T NY, is serving as an interim Secretary, and Prof. Kobayashi, the President, as an interim Treasurer.
Job Description: Secretary
- Work closely with the President and Treasurer. He/she needs to be a good communicator.
- Take minutes of Board meetings and obtain signatures of other Board members, if resolutions are made in the meetings.
- Keep and maintain all the essential documents.
Job Description: Treasurer
- Work closely with the President and Secretary.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements to be presented to the Board, and prepare and file Federal and State tax returns.
- Work with the FUTI’s accounting firm when review or auditing of FUTI’s financial statements is required.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Call for Nominations for new Secretary and Treasurer
- The New Office and Mailing Address of FUTI
- Annual Board Meeting
- FUTI Announces Travel Grants for Graduate Students and Postdocs Involved in the IPMU-BCTP Collaboration
- Reports from the Participants of IARU’s Global Summer Program
- Invited Article: Activities of “Kagakusha Network” (“Scientist Network”) and a Guidepost to Study at U.S. Graduate Schools.
- Fundraising Results and Financial Statements of July 2010 through June 2011
- Revamping of the FUTI Website Completed
- Dr. Masaaki Yamada appointed Director of University Relations