FOTI seeks nominations of candidates to serve as Secretary or Treasurer on the Board of Directors. Until March 2011 these two positions were held by Mr. Yasuo Fukushima, CPA. At present, Mr. Yasuhide Watanabe, NO&T NY, is serving as an interim Secretary, and Prof. Kobayashi, the President, as an interim Treasurer.
Secretary and Director
- Work closely with the President and Treasurer as an executive director of FOTI. He/she needs to be a good communicator.
- Take minutes of Board meetings and obtain signatures of other Board members, if resolutions are made in the meetings.
- Keep and maintain all the essential documents.
Treasurer and Director
- Work closely with the President and Secretary as an executive director of FOTI. He/she is expected to serve as the Chief Financial Officer of FOTI.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements to be presented to the Board, and prepare and file Federal and State tax returns.
- Work with the FOTI’s accounting firm when review or auditing of FOTI’s financial statements is required.
Regarding the search of candidates for the two important positions, President Kobayashi states, “FOTI is still a small foundation in its infancy, so the volume and complexity of tasks expected of Secretary or Treasurer are not so much. But we are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about the worthwhile cause of FOTI and are willing to help FOTI enhance its visibility and expand its activities.” With regard to the qualifications, “Candidates do not have to be UTokyo alumni, nor need to be Japanese, since we can conduct business in English, and I believe that FOTI and its Board will greatly benefit by having Directors with diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. Although the FOTI Board conducts much of its communications and discussion by email and teleconferencing, we meet a few times a year in New York City. So individuals who reside in the vicinity of New York City are preferred,” says Kobayashi.
Please submit names and relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the on-line nomination form by July 31st, 2011. To download a nomination form to attach to an email, download and fill out the PDF form and send to email@example.com.
Self-nominations are also welcome.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your nomination.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Leadership Changes in FOTI
- Call for Nominations for new Secretary and Treasurer
- Dr. Hiroshi Komiyama, President Emeritus of UTokyo joins the FOTI Board
- Message from the President
- Seven U.S. Students and Six UTokyo Students receive FOTI Awards
- Over 2000 UTokyo Students attended the "Study Abroad Fair 2011" at the Komaba Campus
- UTokyo Ryuugakusei Alumni Lunch Discussion: Moving Forward after the Tohoku Earthquake