At the Board meeting held on April 15, 2019, the FUTI Board appointed Dr. Shohei Koide as Scholarship Committee member and Drs. Yuriko Suzuki and Akiko Koide as Advisory Committee members.
Dr. S Koide is Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at the New York University School of Medicine and Director of Cancer Biologics at the Perlmutter Cancer Center at NYU Langone Health. Dr. Yuriko Suzuki is an expert in drug discovery and development, compliance and safety, and has worked in a variety of entities including large global pharmaceutical companies and small biotech startups. Dr. Akiko Koide is a Research Assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at New York University School of Medicine and Perlmutter Cancer Research Center at NYU. The bios of these three appointees can be found on the FUTI About page.
Dr. Shige Matsushita, Chair of the Scholarship Committee, comments on Dr. S. Koide’s appointment, “We are delighted to have Dr. S. Koide, a distinguished scientist, to join the Scholarship Committee. The depth and width of his scientific research will add much to the quality of the Scholarship Committee’s selection process, particularly because the number of FUTI applicants in biochemistry, life science, and related fields are on the rise.” Prof. Koide has actively supported FUTI by giving a FUTI lecture and advising FUTI alumni.
Dr. Yuichiro Kuwama, FUTI vice-president and treasurer, remarks, “We are delighted that Dr. Suzuki and Dr. A. Koide have accepted our request to serve as Advisory Committee members. Dr. Suzuki, former President of Satsuki-kai America is well known for her leadership among UTokyo alumnae and healthcare/pharmacology professionals in New York. Dr. Akiko Koide, a well-known expert in protein engineering, has assisted FUTI in the areas of lecture planning and publication. We have high expectations for their continuing contribution to the FUTI community.”
Articles in this newsletter:
- FUTI Director, Dr. Iwao Ojima, Elected as the New President
- FUTI Appoints Dr. Yumi Nakayama, President of Satsuki-kai America, and Dr. Masako Osako, President of Chicago Akamon-kai, as Ex-officio Members of the Advisory Committee
- Appointment of Dr. S. Koide as Scholarship Committee Member and Drs. Yuriko Suzuki and Akiko Koide as Advisory Committee Members
- 2019 Scholarship Award Selections
- Minami Goto, Recipient of the Ito Foundation U.S.A.-FUTI Scholarship, Presents a Special Preview Screening of her Short Film, “Breakers”
- Dr. Iwao Ojima, Recipient of the 2019 Ernest Guenther Award, Gives Talk on the Development of Next-Generation Taxanes and Their Tumor-Targeted Delivery for Efficacious Cancer Chemotherapy
- FUTI Alumni Association Started
- The 13th Yamakawa Kenjiro Memorial Lecture