FUTI’s Annual Board Meeting was held on September 16, 2011 at the Nippon Club in mid-Manhattan. It was attended by four Board members (Prof. Hisashi Kobayashi, President & Interim Treasurer; Dr. Masaaki Yamada, newly appointed Director of University Relations; Prof. Koichi Hamada, Director; and Prof. Akihiko Tanaka, Director).
The Board made resolutions on the change of the FUTI office and mailing addresses (see the related article in this issue) and reappointment of all officers (the president and three directors) in accordance with the By-Laws. The Board continues to seek nominations of candidates for Secretary and Treasurers, and reappointed Mr. Yasuhide Watanabe and President Kobayashi as an Interim Secretary and an Interim Treasurer, respectively, until their successors are found.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Call for Nominations for new Secretary and Treasurer
- The New Office and Mailing Address of FUTI
- Annual Board Meeting
- FUTI Announces Travel Grants for Graduate Students and Postdocs Involved in the IPMU-BCTP Collaboration
- Reports from the Participants of IARU’s Global Summer Program
- Invited Article: Activities of “Kagakusha Network” (“Scientist Network”) and a Guidepost to Study at U.S. Graduate Schools.
- Fundraising Results and Financial Statements of July 2010 through June 2011
- Revamping of the FUTI Website Completed
- Dr. Masaaki Yamada appointed Director of University Relations