FUTI has recently begun accepting scholarship applications for 2019. Information is available on friendsofutokyo.org. The scholarships are offered to qualified students of UTokyo aspiring to study in universities in the U.S. and students of universities in the U.S. interested in studying at UTokyo, regardless of nationality.
FUTI Global Leadership scholarships are for students interested in summer programs. In 2018, scholarships were awarded to 18 UTokyo and U.S. students. This program is funded by donations from individual UTokyo alumni and by Shintech, Inc., a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. in Japan.
Ito Foundation U.S.A.-FUTI scholarships were awarded in 2018 to 12 students planning to undertake longer-term study abroad. This program is supported by Ito Foundation U.S.A. whose president is Mr. Masatoshi Ito. He is the founder and chairman of the Ito Scholarship Foundation (in Japan) and honorary chairman of Seven and i-Holdings Co., Ltd.
We welcome applications from interested students.
Articles in this newsletter:
- Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2019
- FUTI Announces 2018-19 Fundraising Campaign
- FUTI FB Series: Reports from 2012-16 FUTI Award Recipients
- Prof. Teruo Fujii lectures on “Technology to Explore the Ocean—toward attaining sustainable development in the era of revolutionary digital advancements”
- Prof. Shohei Koide of NYU Lagone Medical Center: “Development of next-generation cancer treatment and the role of protein design” (New York)
- The 11th Yamakawa Kenjiro Memorial Lecture
- FUTI Annual Board and Advisory Committee Joint Meeting, September 29 (Saturday), New York